Keynote Speaker Announced
We are thrilled to announce that this year’s keynote speaker for the L.E.A.D. Spa and Wellness Conference is Barb Stegemann: best-selling author, social business innovator, entrepreneur, and CEO and Founder of The 7 Virtues.
Barb is nothing if not a dynamo. Among her many accomplishments, she has:
- Been named one of Canada’s Top 30 Most Fabulous Entrepreneurs (Profit Guide Magazine)
- Received the Women’s Innovator Award (U.S. Department of State)
- Been the first woman from Atlantic Canada to land a venture capital deal on Dragon’s Den
- Won the much-acclaimed Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year Award” in the Emerging Entrepreneur category for Atlantic Canada
A frequent presence in the media, you may have seen Barb on The Lang & O’Leary Exchange and ET Canada; or read about her in publications including The Financial Post, The Globe & Mail, Toronto Star, Chronicle Herald, and Best Health.
It cannot be denied: Barb always engages and thrills her audiences with smart, inspirational entrepreneurial skills and know-how advice! Her unique insights will help you identify what sets you apart in your industry, and how to build the structure you need in your critical
business-building thought process.
Prepare yourself for a motivational LEAD keynote that will surely resonate with you for months—and even years—to come!
1. Bring a Buddy!
2. Stay at the conference's designated accommodations
3. Take plenty of business cards, to help new acquaintances remember you
4. Become an active participant, asking questions and making comments
5. Meet and thank everyone who served on the conference planning committee
6. Participate in the larger conversation
7. Connect with our LEAD social pages to stay in the loop
8. Find out who’s going
9. Having business cards doesn’t nessessarily mean you’re ready to attend the conference
- Your name
- What you do
- Why you are attending
In addition to those three elements, keep your pitch shorter than 30 seconds, and keep it relevant to the conference.
Here’s an example:
“Hi, my name is Joanne Smith. I am a spa owner in Bowmanville and have a large clientele for waxing and I would like to expand my business to include body treatments. I am here to learn the skills that will allow me to scale up and brand my business so people know me for all the services I offer.”